I will be using the name MIX & BAKE for the recipes that don’t require using an electric mixer (the kind of recipes I love to design!). This Raspberry Caramel Cake looks really pretty but you can make it super easily just by mixing the ingredients in a bowl and pouring the batter into the pans. The same technique goes with the filling. Only thing that requires whipping is the buttercream covering the cake but you can serve the cake as a Naked Cake without the buttercream!Print
Mix & Bake Raspberry Caramel Cake
- Yield: 10 pieces 1x
- Method: Mix & Bake
- 4 1/2 dl all-purpose flour (1 ¾ cup + 2 tbsp)
- 3 dl granulated sugar (1 ¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl vegetable oli (¾ cup + 1 tbsp)
- 2 dl milk (¾ cup + 1 tbsp)
- 300 g cream cheese (10.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 dl condensed caramel (½ cup + 2 tbsp)
- 4 1/2 dl raspberries (1 ¾ cup + 2 tbsp)
- 300 g butter at roomtemperature (10.5 oz)
- 3 dl icing sugar (1 ¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar (or a couple of drops of vanilla extract)
- pink food colouring paste
WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIP
- 50 g white chocolate (1.75 oz)
- 1 tsp vegetale oil
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius (347 °F). Butter and line two 15 cm cake tins with baking paper. Mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. Add the dry ingredients through a sieve. Divide the mix into the tins and bake for about 45 minutes. Cover the cakes with cling film and let cool.
Mix the condensed caramel with cream cheese. Cut the cakes into two layers. Fill the cake with caramel filling and raspberries.
Whip the soft butter, icing sugar, milk, vanilla sugar and food colouring with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Cover the cake with buttercream using a spatula. Transfer the rest of the buttercream into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe rosettes onto the cake.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or over simmering water. Add the vegetable oil and let cool for a while. Make the chocolate drips using a small spoon. Decorate the cake.
Try also my other easy Mix & Bake recipes from the blog.