Making donuts is really easy in the oven! All you need is a donut pan. No hot oil needed. This recipe is egg free and homemade caramel makes these treats really delicious.Print
Easy Oven Donuts
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12 pieces 1x
- Category: Donuts
2 dl milk (¾ cup + 1 tbsp)
1/2 dl vegetable oil (3 tbsp + 1 tsp)
3 dl all-purpose flour (1 ¼ cups)
1 dl sugar (¼ cup + 3 tbsp)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar (or a drop of vanilla extract)
(Melted butter for brushing)
1 dl whipping cream (¼ cup + 3 tbsp)
2 dl brown sugar (¾ cup + 1 tbsp)
100 g butter (3.5 oz)
1 tsp vanilla sugar (or a drop of vanilla extract)
2 dl icing sugar (¾ cup + 1 tbsp)
Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (392 °F). Butter and flour a donut pan.
- Mix the milk and the vegetable oil. Mix all the dry ingredients and add to the dough through a sieve.
- Divide the dough into the pan and bake in the middle of the oven for about 8 minutes. (Brush the doughnuts with melted butter when they are warm if you want to add more flavour.)
- Mix the whipping cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla sugar in a sauce pan.
- Heat at medium heat and boil for one minute mixing constantly.
- Let the caramel cool a bit and add the icing sugar through a sieve.
- Dip the donuts in the caramel and sprinkle with some seasalt.