Make stunning lemon meringue pops easily by piping the meringue on wooden barbecue skewers. You can find a video how to make the piping from my Instagram @emmaivane
3 egg whites
225 ml caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
A pinch of salt
Red, yellow and blue food colouring
12 wooden barbecue skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 90 degrees celsius (194 degrees F).
2. Place an open star nozzle into a piping bag and paint stripes inside the piping bag with the food colourings.
3. Whip the egg whites until foamy.
4. Add the sugar a little at a time constantly whisking.
5. Fold in the lemon zest and the salt.
6. Pour the meringue into the piping bag.
7. Pipe the meringue on wooden barbecue skewers.
8. Bake in the middle of the oven for about an hour and a half.
9. Turn the oven off and allow to set in the oven until the oven is cold. Make sure the meringues don’t start to turn brown.
You can also find other lovely meringue recipes from my blog.
Remember to tag @emmaivane so I can see all the beautiful things you’re baking.